Light Duty – Autos, Heavy Duty, Performance Vehicles
4 Year Degree
The Director of Commercial Vehicle (CV) Product Management position is responsible for leading the CV Product, Marketing, Catalog and Pricing Teams to deliver best in class CV Product lines across categories. This executive will develop and execute CV product strategies by managing the product life cycle of products from cradle to grave.
· Lead the CV Product Management (PM) team to drive an aggressive new product development schedule and manage existing product lines (Starter and Alternators, Brakes, Electronics and Turbos) and future CV product lines
· Develop and execute individual product market strategies and market share roadmaps for both existing core products and the identified CV Strategic Growth portfolio including pricing, profitability channel management for both OES and CV IAM .
· Measure, mentor and develop CV PM personnel to ensure personal and professional goals are achieved
· Work closely with CV Sales, Engineering and Production Teams in the establishment and adherence of the overall CV value proposition
· Direct the Catalog Team to analyze gaps in product coverage, and to research and recommend addition of late model applications needed to maintain market leadership, and to provide all necessary catalog data to our Channel Partners.
· Regularly evaluate product performance relative to established annual market share objectives and recommend and implement enhancements to ensure goals achieved.
· Understand market dynamics and ensure that the Company is at the forefront of market changes in terms of technology and competition
· Collaborate and coordinate marketing communications with outside customers (i.e. branding, advertising and packaging).
· Identify incremental revenue opportunities with current CV and new CV products based on market trends
· Coordinate CV PM team initiatives with sales, category management, engineering, catalog, technical service and customer service
· Ensure completeness and accuracy of data is maintained by the CV Product team
Bachelor’s degree with a strong emphasis toward Technical/Marketing/Business Disciplines.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in Product Management
· 5+ years of experience in CV OES or CV Automotive Aftermarket
· Mechanical technical background preferred
· Experience working in an iterative product management process. Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals, customers, and key relevant insights (needs, attitudes and values, habits and practices)
· Proficient in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Ability to manage several projects at once and deliver results on time
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
· Strong ability to mentor and improve individual performance
· Exceptional ability to ascertain customer requirements, and propose workable solutions based on existing and emergent technologies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels